On this submit I share 12 Days of Christmas Photographs (and dozens of additional concepts for participating your viewers). Plus you may obtain the entire photos in Canva and begin creating right away! Seize your free Canva Christmas Templates now!
BY DONNA MORITZ | UPDATED DECEMBER 2021
As Christmas approaches, it is necessary to have your social media advertising and marketing prepped and able to go. This contains your visible content material by way of Christmas Photographs and Vacation Content material. However what do you submit?
To present you a serving to hand, we have accomplished redesigned and up to date this submit to offer you 12 model spanking new Christmas picture concepts and 12 Canva Templates so you can begin creating with them now for the Holidays! I then taken these templates, and posted them under for you so you may see all of them in motion.
There’s 12 classes of participating picture “sorts” on this submit, with additional concepts for every post-type. You possibly can apply these classes to any theme or season after the vacations are over, so you will hold creating participating photos!
The way to Entry the Templates
From Nostalgia and “reminiscence” photos to “This or That” to Cellphone Message Notifications and GIFs – there are 12 various kinds of vacation photos to create for Christmas, and dozens of different choices.
Click on on any of the hyperlinks under every picture to download the FULL pack of templates from this post. That is proper… each single picture you see on this submit is included within the template pack. When you affirm your subscription we are going to ship you the hyperlink to the Canva templates to open in your account. Do not have a Canva account? You can get started here, including 45 days free trial on Pro.
Observe: I’m accredited Canva Creator Canva Market and a Canva Verified Skilled, so you may relaxation assured I’ve made these templates simple to edit. Discover out extra concerning the templates on the finish of this submit.
Let’s bounce in and have enjoyable with the Christmas Photographs and the free Christmas templates!
12 Simple Christmas Photographs (with 12 Free Canva Christmas Templates)
I am all about serving to you to create and use visual content successfully in your marketing. So it is sensible that these photos are designed to encourage engagement, questions or interplay along with your viewers. I’ve included the next for every kind of shareable Christmas picture:
- An instance of the Christmas Picture.
- A hyperlink to click on via and begin creating your individual Christmas photos utilizing our FREE Christmas Templates.
- Extra strategies for various kinds of photos (utilizing the identical theme) which you could create utilizing the templates.
1. A Enjoyable Cellphone Message Notification Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Let’s kick this off with a telephone message notification submit for Christmas engagement. A lot of these posts are tremendous enjoyable on Instagram or Fb for encouraging dialog. You possibly can edit this template to be something you want – get tremendous artistic with the way you edit the textual content round every notification. Get cheeky with it! After which simply swap out the picture.
You possibly can change this Christmas picture to be about something enjoyable in terms of the Holidays:
- When you have a web based retailer or bodily retailer change it to one thing like (1) Making a Listing (2) checking it twice (3) heading to X retailer for my Christmas Procuring.
- When you have a launch or a product reveal developing, make your notifications relate to the factor you’ll be sharing.
- Use it to share sentiment concerning the holidays, like within the instance above. Play with puns, humor or play on phrases like I did with the phrases “presence” and “presents”.
HOT TIP: One other kind of submit you are able to do that’s “telephone enjoyable” is to make use of emojis. If there may be one factor that just about ensures engagement on Instagram and Fb, it is asking for a response utilizing Emojis. I am unsure why we won’t resist it, however for some purpose we discover it arduous to withstand being requested to talk “Emoji” when referred to as upon to take action. Listed here are a number of concepts for emoji posts:
- Describe Your Christmas Lunch utilizing solely Emojis.
- What would you’re keen on for Christmas this 12 months? Use Emojis to reply.
- How will you be spending the vacations? Inform me through the use of Emojis.
I’m positive you may provide you with one thing extra artistic than these, however relaxation assured in terms of Christmas photos, but might be enjoyable utilizing telephone, message and emoji themes to spark engagement!
Simply be aware for these which can be new to Emoji’s, the Poop Emoji just isn’t, the truth is, a brown Christmas tree or a Hershey’s Kiss.
2. Vacation Traditions Publish
Vacation traditions are a terrific conversation-starter. We love the vacations and we love speaking about issues we love… so it is sensible to ask your viewers about their enjoyable, household and even quirky Christmas traditions.
Here is my Vacation Traditions Publish – this 12 months I created some Australian-themed templates. We dwell in a spot with a heat local weather (Queensland, Australia) so our vacation traditions are very completely different. Therefore the content material of this Christmas Picture:
And sure, it’s so sizzling we have now seafood vs sizzling turkey some holidays… and we frequently go for ice-cream plum pudding vs common pudding. Or typically each!
Different concepts for Vacation Custom Posts:
- What’s one uncommon household custom you will have within the holidays?
- What’s one factor you eat/make yearly with out fail for Christmas Lunch?
- What’s a non-negotiable for your loved ones at Christmas Time?
- Who cooks Christmas Lunch in your loved ones and what’s their specialty?
- What’s your post-Lunch custom on Christmas Day (and yep, for many Aussies, it is heading to the seaside or the pool within the sizzling climate, or having a sleep!).
Ask a query about household, about custom, about values…. and you will get nice engagement out of your followers!
3. Sure or No Publish
Folks like to state their opinion so a Sure/No selection of reply is a simple approach to encourage engagement in your Fb Web page. The opposite profit of easy Sure/No Christmas Photographs is that they solely often require a brief reply of 1 phrase or a phrase, so persons are extra more likely to reply. It is fast! Like this sneaky query concerning the Christmas Elf on a Shelf under.
With this submit, I went with slightly controversy, as a result of everyone knows that in terms of vacation content material, the Elf can polarise dad and mom! Some dad and mom, suppose Elf on a Shelf is a great deal of enjoyable and so they revel within the creativity. For others it is not a lot enjoyable, with the problem of considering of one thing each day, not to mention remembering!
Here is my tackle a Sure or No Publish. Or on this case, a “Heck Sure”, or a “Hell No” Publish
Different concepts for a Sure or No Publish?
- Christmas Lights – are you in or out in terms of adorning your home?
- Sweet Canes – love them or hate them?
- Christmas Carols – Yesssssssss (hand me the microphone) or Nooooooooo (I am hiding within the cabinet).
And naturally, when you can contact on a subject that fires individuals up with ardour, like Mr Elf right here, then it makes the dialog slightly extra fascinating! Go and create a Christmas picture with considered one of these concepts and keep in mind to seize the Christmas templates so you are able to do it shortly!
4. Nostalgia Publish
If there’s one factor we love to speak about it is the previous. Again within the Day. Throwback Thursday. Childhood Reminiscences. Any of those subjects are inclined to spark engagement in terms of Christmas Photographs. And oh sure I’ve a Free Christmas Template to go along with this too.
Here is my tackle a Nostalgia Publish. Faucet into our childhood reminiscences of Christmas:
Different concepts for Nostalgia Posts:
- What’s your finest Christmas current ever?
- What was your favorite a part of Christmas as a child? Favorite decorations?
- You are within the kitchen on Christmas Day as a child. What are you able to scent? Who’s cooking? What’s cooking?
Meals. Household. Holidays – all of these items spark nostalgia in us. Ask your viewers about these items and you may seemingly get responses!
5. GIF Publish
What would Christmas Photographs be and not using a few GIFs alongside the way in which? GIFs are in all places and so they lend themselves to some enjoyable motion and eye catching photos. You will discover them in social media posts, in messaging, on emails, and in weblog posts. Their animated enjoyable is one thing that may also be nice for having conversations round Christmas photos.
And in spite of everything, typically you may say with a GIF what you simply cannot say in phrases. So do not forget to sometimes use them in your social media posts. Like emoji’s, GIFs are arduous to withstand utilizing when somebody encourages you to answer with them!
Here is a enjoyable little GIF I made in Canva (and sure the template is included so that you can obtain).
Enjoyable, proper? You possibly can create GIFs very simply in Canva. Simply select or add animated components to your design like this Christmas tree, after which once you go to publish, hit Obtain > GIF as your format. Increase!
Different concepts for a Christmas GIF Picture
If you do not have time to create your individual GIFs, Publish GIF “Questions” to your viewers on social media, encouraging them to reply with a GIF. Listed here are some examples:
- Which TV household would you most wish to spend Christmas Lunch with? Reply with a GIF.
- Share a GIF that expresses your opinion of procuring at the moment of 12 months!
- What’s your favorite Christmas Film? Share with a GIF.
- Share Your Favorite Christmas GIF!
If you wish to discover out extra about GIFs, read this post.
#6 This or That Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Somewhat like Sure or No, This or That may be a selection of two issues vs a Sure/No reply. There are millions of binary selections you may select from, lots of which might be switched to a Christmas theme. And we won’t resister responding!
Consider one thing that has two polar opposites and you’ve got a terrific place to begin. Like looking for occasion… some individuals like to buy “in” and a few individuals like to buy “out”. So…
Here is my tackle a This or That Publish. I stated I favored Icecream Plum Pudding already, proper?
Different concepts for a Christmas This or That Publish:
- Egg Nog or Mulled Wine? Insert a drink for cooler climates for these of us within the Southern Hemisphere.
- White Christmas or Seashore Christmas? In case your viewers is scattered world wide, it is a nice query to ask!
- Fruit Mince Pies or Plum Pudding? Meals selections will usually encourage individuals to have interaction and take part!
And keep in mind, the Free Canva Christmas Templates are tremendous simple to adapt to any kind of query and even completely different holidays… do the identical at Thanksgiving, Halloween or Easter!
#7 Christmas Motion pictures Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
I really like Christmas Motion pictures – even dangerous ones. So I am giving it it is personal part on this submit. Relaxation assured, I’ve additionally added an additional sizzling tip for a kind of submit you may create round any theme or matter to go along with it (see under).
Here is my enjoyable Christmas Film Publish. Sure, I am a film Buff and love to look at Christmas Motion pictures in December and sure I really like espresso and sure I simply mixed the 2 of them into one Christmas Picture.
Bonus Tip: Do a ‘Finest Of’ Publish!
All of us need to add our two cents about what we predict is the “smartest thing” in any class. Christmas Photographs are good for this. One of many all time much-debated subjects round Christmas – is the very best Christmas Film. Everybody has an opinion. And everybody has a favorite. So ask your viewers what their fave Christmas film is (and sure, some individuals will pipe as much as say they do not like them, and that is okay).
Different concepts for a Christmas “Finest Ever” Publish
- Finest Christmas Cocktail … Go!
- Finest Christmas Carol (or Finest Christmas Music).
- Finest Ever Christmas Current (this one combines a Finest Ever Picture with a Nostalgia Picture… Increase!).
8. About You Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Like all of those Christmas photos, the dialog works finest for engagement when it revolves round your viewers and your followers.
Asking a straight up query about them is a brilliant transfer. Once more, we simply need to really feel that we’re observed.. so many individuals will love being requested about themselves. Attempt it!
Here is my Dialog-Beginning “About You” Publish. The thought of this submit is that you just volunteer one thing about your self and ask them to share their very own perspective or expertise. On this case, it is one thing you have achieved properly this 12 months – be it self-care/being “sort to your self” or being courageous, artistic, productive. Ask your viewers to share what they might write on a be aware to Santa!
Different concepts in your Christmas “About You” Publish
- Ask about favorite meals/drinks on Christmas Day.
- Share one factor about Christmas that’s distinctive to your a part of the world (that individuals from different nations could not find out about).
- How do you spend your Christmas afternoon (napping, films, ???).
9. Christmas Foodie Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Everybody loves Meals and Drink at Christmas, so we have to embody this in our Christmas Templates! Faucet into that foodie love for engagement in your social media with Christmas Photographs that begin a dialog along with your foodie followers!
Mmmm cocktails. Wine. Mulled Wine. All of the issues. Here is my Dialog-Beginning “Christmas Foodie” Publish. And who would not need to discuss cocktails, and meals too?
Different concepts for a Christmas “Foodie” Publish
- Title Your Favorite Christmas Dessert… Go! … or your favorite deal with that you just solely have within the Holidays.
- You possibly can solely eat 3 Issues at Christmas. What are they?
- Title one thing uncommon (and attractive) that your loved ones eats at Christmas!
Create your individual Christmas Foodie Publish to attach along with your viewers!
10. Pay it Ahead/Giving Again Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Christmas and the Holidays are a good time to offer again and assist your fellow human being, particularly when so many individuals are doing it powerful within the colder climates. And with the 12 months we have had in 2020 – lots of native companies are struggling too.
Sharing some favorite charities or asking individuals to buy domestically is a strong gesture on Social Media. Or ask your viewers how they’re giving again or paying it ahead to assist out their favourite charity or native enterprise.
Here is an instance of a submit that encourages your neighborhood to buy native this 12 months and begin a dialog. Publish it to your social media and ask them within the feedback the place they are going to be “procuring native” this 12 months.
Different concepts for a Christmas “Giving Again” Publish:
- Inform us how you might be giving again this 12 months? Encourage the sharing of easy concepts for serving to others.
- Publish behind the scenes of any charitable work your workforce is doing and encourage your followers to share their photographs too.
- Share your favorite charity’s web site.
Create your individual Christmas Charity Publish to attach along with your viewers!
11. Photograph Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Everybody likes to share a superb picture – it is what social media is constructed on. Asking your viewers to share a photograph round a selected matter might be a great deal of enjoyable. Particularly once you throw a photograph competitors into the combination. And Christmas photos!
You possibly can both ask your followers to share a photograph within the feedback underneath a Fb Publish or maybe share a photograph in an Instagram story with a hashtag and tagging you – so you could find their posts.
Here is my Photograph submit about Ugly Christmas Sweaters with a twist to incorporate the Southern Hemisphere and our T-shirt sporting methods:
Different concepts for a Christmas “Photograph” Posts:
- Publish a photograph of your snowman!
- Share a foodie submit of your meals/Christmas cocktails/treats.
- Publish a photograph to point out how completely different Christmas is in your a part of the world (ie snow, seaside).
Create your individual Christmas Photograph Publish (or Photograph Contest) to attach along with your viewers. Click here to find a template and create a picture in minutes.
12. Quote Publish – 12 Days of Christmas Photographs
Quotes Quotes Quotes. You possibly can’t go previous a terrific quote at Christmas time, so after all we have included a quote template for you.
I created this submit with my all-time favorite quote about Christmas:
Different concepts for a Quote Christmas Picture:
- Share a quote and ask your followers to share their very own favorite quote beneath your submit.
- Share a piece of a Christmas Carol and ask your viewers to share their favorite.
- Share quotes out of your favorite Christmas films and ask your followers to guess what film you might be quoting from.
Create your individual Christmas Quote Photographs!
Ultimate Sizzling Ideas
- Click on via on any of the hyperlinks under the pictures above to begin creating your individual utilizing the templates! Use my concepts and last designs as inspiration. Swap out your textual content, font and picture to create a brand new design.
- Do not simply create one picture – create an entire collection of photos like I did – 12 days of Christmas Photographs the truth is! It is faster, extra enjoyable and you will be set for Christmas posts for the following couple of weeks when you batch them!
- In case you ask your viewers a query, do not be afraid to reply it your self. YOU set the tone by beginning the dialog. Even when it appears a bit odd to reply your individual query, you might be setting the instance and displaying you need to have interaction. It is like being the primary individual to bop… as soon as anyone dances, everybody does. A bit like this man:
The way to Use the Templates:
- Use the unique template as it’s. Publish and submit to your profile and also you’re good to go… or:
- Change it up – that is what I’ve achieved with most of the photos above. Simply click on on the background picture and alter it to your individual picture or select a brand new picture in Canva. Then change the textual content and/or font to create a very customized set of Christmas Photographs. Add your individual fashion to it and have enjoyable.
- Use one of many extra concepts I’ve listed for every picture kind or template. Once more, you may simply swap out the textual content and picture to create a very customized design.
With the free Canva Christmas templates above, and the handfuls of extra concepts on this submit, you may create Christmas Photographs for days!
Oh and be at liberty to steal my concepts. That is the entire level of the Christmas templates and this submit.
Over to You
That is a wrap. Now you will have the concepts AND the instruments, you may unfold slightly Christmas Spirit in your Fb Web page and social media.
What Christmas Photographs will you create utilizing these strategies and templates?
Donna is a Visible Content material Strategist and founding father of Socially Sorted, listed by Forbes as a “High 5 Social Media Weblog You Must Know About”. Donna helps manufacturers leverage the facility of visible storytelling and content material technique of their enterprise. Her content material has been featured in publications corresponding to Forbes, Inc. & Entrepreneur and he or she is a speaker and coach on visible content material for the advertising and marketing and tourism industries internationally.
Leave a Reply